ELC The City School’s accreditation
7 December 2021
ELC prides itself on delivering a world class educational experience and recently The City School welcomed re-accreditation by the Council for International Schools (CIS) and the Western Association of Schools and College (WASC). The teams from CIS/WASC visited The City School in March this year, and their subsequent report shines a light again on its outstanding and unique features, notably how the school is wholly guided by authenticity: our actions are congruent with our values, which are deeply embedded in the fabric of the school in both the day to day operations and the educational journey we offer each child.
Highlights include commendations for:
• ‘The board and school administration for their strong commitment to using the guiding statements as a key driver for ongoing school improvement and sustainability.’
• ‘The teaching faculty for genuinely implementing its firm beliefs about the potential for each student.’
• ‘The teaching faculty for using approaches that genuinely foster the social construction of knowledge… [and] the expressive and thinking capacity of children.’
• ‘The leadership team for fostering innovation and creativity in a way that empowers staff to enhance the learning experiences of students.’
• ‘The school’s staff for creating a caring, inclusive and open culture for students that positively reinforces their learning and behavior expectations.’
[CIS/WASC Accreditation Team, May 2021)
With accreditation comes a responsibility to maintain and build upon our strengths, the most important of which was celebrated by CIS and will continue to guide the development of ELC Schools in the future: ‘the outstanding feature of the school is the total effect it has had on children.’William Parker and Joe Stucker, CIS, October 2015.
stories from ELC
ELC would like to extend a big welcome to all our families – new and current – as we return to campus learning. We thank you for your continued care and support amidst the ongoing challenges presented by the pandemic and look forward to seeing the children flourish together in the term ahead.read more